So what is FileZilla ?
FileZilla is a free software that is used to transfer (removal) files from local computer to the server hosting our blog. FileZilla FTP client is also a very popular and most widely used by webmasters all around the world.
The following are the steps from the beginning:
A. Installing FileZilla
- Visit the Website Filezilla: http://filezilla-project.org/download.php
- There are several options of operating system that we use (Windows, Mac OS, Linux), here I just explained to her that the Windows Operating System
- Click the "Download Now" under the heading Windows
- Click "Save File" in the window that appears
- Once ready to download, Find the file and install it (install or setup)
1. Open FTP client FileZilla:
2. Enter the Host, Username, and Password:
Host: On the content with your domain (without www) or temporary IP that is given via email on the subject"Hosting Your Details"
Username: Enter the username of your cPanel
Password: Enter the password of your cPanel
Port: Empty Port, to use the default port
Then click Quick Connect to, enter your FTP access
Wait until the status successful
3. Prepare a file folder existing web and ready to be uploaded via FTP client on the PC/Notebook and make sure that no files are not uploaded later.
4. Make sure the location of the web files on your localhost (on the left side of your FileZilla Client)
5. Blocks all web data file to be uploaded to your hosting server, right-click and select Upload, be sure to upload to the public_html folder on your hosting server.
Wait until all the files uploaded perfectly, and if all the files/data you've uploaded your web only import and configuration settings of your web database correctly, if using a database.
* Advantages of the wear FileZilla is we can monitor the progress of the file transfer mode and speed of removal, so if there are files that are not transferred to the perfect internet connection for some reason, we can repeat back the file (No need all the files or folders are moved back one)
* Gain upload files using FileZilla FTP client, if the connection can resume interrupted file that we uploaded earlier. As for the drawbacks, such as waiting for a relatively long time to upload the file if the number of files that we upload more and more, the longer.
Hopefully it helps.